Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Enjoying 2015



My grandmother talked to me about the notion of avoiding New Year’s resolutions that will be inevitably broken and, instead, focusing on Dreams for 2015. I absolutely love this idea! With that, my dream for 2015 is to learn how to enjoy the small victories and moments with the people I hold dear. Our son, Will, is at the top of that list. Today we had marvelous weather and despite the fact that for the last three weeks I have been unable to manage my pain with prescriptions, heat, stretching, or any other remedy that I have tried on top of my regular meditation, I was determined to find a way to enjoy the day. I asked Rob to have some father/son quality time with Will for an hour and went for a deep tissue - not so relaxing but effective - massage. I can’t say that I was suddenly pain free, but I could move and that is something worth celebrating! So, to celebrate the suddenly fabulous weather (sunny, no wind, and 70 degrees after several weeks of sub-freezing temps) and my ability to move, I invited Will to go to the backyard and do some yoga with me. I played with him and took advantage of being able to move while doing something healthy. That’s better than a win-win; it’s a win-win-win! Here are some pictures of our fun.




What are your dreams for 2015? How will you celebrate your victories and special moments?


No comments:

Post a Comment