Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Reading Time


 Unfortunately, our weather has taken a dramatic turn with cold rain and the distinct possibility of a blizzard. When people say they can "feel it in their bones" I often wonder what means for someone who does not struggle on a daily basis with chronic illness. While looking for the small things to celebrate this week, I can't help but pause and smile at our bedtime routine. Sleep is not negotiable and I am pretty proud of how well we have managed to stick with a family routine of getting adequate sleep.  Will does not nap but he does sleep from 7:30 PM - 7:30 or 8:00 AM each night and rarely wakes up. As part of the routine, every night we have story time. Will picks a book or has Rob tell him a story after he gives him the main characters and plot (my husband is a writer so this comes naturally to him - I have been informed by Will that mine just are not the same). So, while I get to sit back and enjoy our story time I can’t help but reflect on how grateful I am for my little family and the time we set aside for each other. These are pictures is of Will "reading" to and with Daddy. It is these small moments in life that make the fight for health and on bad days - functionality all worth it. I hope you are finding these moments also.


No comments:

Post a Comment